Today’s Healthy Diet Podcast is about brain health and how good brain food plays an important role in taking care of your head.
- Special announcement: Yahoo podcasts is shutting down on Oct 31st. Subscribe at iTunes, Podcast Pickle or Podnova. See the links in the sidebar to the left.
- If our brain is not functioning well, you are not going to function well.
- People ignore their brain, but the brain is involved in everything you do.
- Dr. Amen, says, “brain controls mood, personality, intelligence and adaptability. It experiences our hopes, dreams, sorrows, pains – it is involved in everything you do…influences how you get along with others, how you think, feel and act.”
- Diet is the number one way to care for your brain.
- Central Alternative Charter School in Appleton, WI removed all processed foods from students diets. They provided only fresh foods, water and 100% fruit juices. The project resulted in major positive changes in behavior and learning.
- To listen to the podcast on CACS here.
- Amen says: “food is a drug” that has powerful effect on the brain. Diet & exercise are the cornerstone’s of Amen’s programs for anxiety & depression.
- Amen’s dietary recommendations for good brain health: Plenty of water, adequate protein, complex carbohydrates and omega 3 fatty acids.
- More information on Dr. Amen can be found on his website.
No podcast next week because we will be on vacation.
Listen Now:Brain Food For Good Brain Health [11:29m]: Play Now | Play in Popup | Download (4334)