Today’s Healthy Diet Podcast is a continuation of our most recent post about Restless Leg Syndrome.
- Restless Legs Syndrome (RLS) affects 12 million people in US. RLS is called a neurological disorder by some and a sleep disorder by others.
- Symptoms of RLS include: unpleasant feelings or sensations in the legs. Feelings described as creeping, crawling, tingling, pulling, or painful.
- Some have no odd feelings but have irresistible urge to move their legs. Generally symptoms come on at night and cause insomnia.
- Periodic Limb Movement of Sleep affects whole body with jerking every 10-60 sec. Conventional medical treatment uses same medication used for Parkinson’s disease and seizures.
- Requip, according to GlaxoSmithKline’s insert, may cause “pathological gambling” and “increased libido including hypersexuality.”
- Alan does not recommend using this drug if you are going to Las Vegas.
- Natural treatments use exercise, hot baths, massage, heating pads or ice packs. Natural treatments also may include supplements such as folate and magnesium.
- Jean has found relief from RLS by: Not eating several hours before bed time. Exercising her legs strenuously through out the day. Not sitting for long periods. Exercising legs and upper body prior to going to bed.
- Jean uses an essential oil formula which relaxes her legs found at Nature’s Wellness Oils.
- Jean was very surprised at how well this essential oil formula for RLS worked.
Listen Now:More About Restless Legs Syndrome [13:33m]: Play Now | Play in Popup | Download (10729)