Today’s Healthy Diet Podcast is about our new veggie burger recipe.
- Today we share our newest dehydrator recipe – veggie burgers. It’s difficult to find veggie burgers without ingredients like soy protein isolate, natural flavorings, etc.
- In nutritional value, dehydrates are next best thing to raw.
- These veggie burgers have all the nutritional value preserved in the dehydration process. This makes them superior to any processed, frozen and cooked veggie burger from the store.
- The main ingredients in this recipe are sprouted wheat, celery, onion, sunflower seeds, walnuts, carrots.
- Blend in the Vita-Mix blender on low.
- Form into patties on teflex sheets.
- Dehydrate for 3-4 hours. The first hour is on high, then reduce the temperature to 105.
- These veggie burgers are great on their own or with a side of coleslaw. We ate them with Food for Life brand sprouted wheat rolls.
- The trick to dehydrating is planning ahead when you have to sprout/soak seeds/nuts.
- These veggie burgers were fantastic warmed in the dehydrator the next day.
- We’ve been hearing about a great site called www.goneraw.com. One of our listeners recommends their Rich Cheddar Sauce.
Listen Now:Healthy Veggie Burger Recipe [12:25m]: Play Now | Play in Popup | Download (3793)