Today’s Healthy Diet Podcast is about our new healthy corn chip recipe we make in our Excalibur Dehydrator.
- Today we share our newest favorite recipe: homemade corn chips. This corn chip recipe has given us the ability to eat a completely unprocessed diet.
- Sadly, Corn Chips, aka tortilla chips have been a staple in our diet for some time. By investing in the Excalibur we now have no need for any processed foods.
- This Recipe was inspired by The Present Moment Café in St Augustine, FL
- Main ingredients are white corn, flaxseed, almonds, yellow bell pepper, and onion. We make this recipe in our VitaMix blender.
- Be careful not to spread the batter too thin on the Excalibur Teflex sheets. We are still working on a chip scoring process that is reliable.
- The recipe assembly time is about 30 minutes. This Corn Chip Recipe makes about 2 trays of chips (using the Excalibur).
- Price comparison with processed corn chips: One bag of Bearitos is $2.79. Two trays of home made corn chips costs between $3.25-$4.25.
- It is economical because we eat far fewer chips. We eat fewer chips because the home made corn chips are so nutritionally dense. Plus, the health benefits are worth the extra cost.
- Almond update: recently the Almond Board of California asked the USDA to delay the mandatory pasteurization of almonds until March 2008.
- For more information on this ruling to kill all almonds, listen to our Raw Almonds podcast.
Don’t forget to share and encourage one another through the interactive portion of our Healthy Diet website.
Please share your recipes, health tips and testimonies.