Today’s Healthy Diet Podcast is about our newest recipe, California Miso Soup.
- Jean’s inspiration comes from food magazines, produce shopping and just gazing into the refrigerator. Her newest inspiration: California Miso Soup.
- Miso is a condiment the Japanese use to flavor food. Miso is made from fermenting and aging soybean and/or rice with a mould called koji.
- This recipe uses unpasteurized (the best kind) organic mellow white miso by Westbrae.
- The name for the soup came from Jean’s love of Japanese Miso soup and vegetarian sushi rolls (which she wrongly calls California rolls).
- The California Miso Soup recipe: start with miso soup base with sliced nori pieces.
- Add a variety of sliced, diced and spiralized vegetables. We use sweet potato, zucchini, green onions, avocado, and celery. Don’t forget the secret ingredient, half a haas avocado. Season the miso soup recipe with herbamare.
- It takes about 10 minutes to make and is absolutely delicious.
- We enjoy this soup with sprouted wheat crackers made in our dehydrator.
- Check out the Miso Soup recipe on ezHealthyDiet.com
Exciting update: Our Healthy Diet website is going interactive!
Soon our visitors will be able to add their own recipes, testimonials and health tips to the site. The goal: to create a community of people, helping and supporting one another, in our mutual quests for taking charge of our health.