Welcome back to the Health Diet Podcast. On this week’s show we cover more information on reversing heart disease from Dr Caldwell B Esselstyn’s book Prevent And Reverse Heart Disease.
- There is so much you can do to live a healthier life and avoid the major diseases that kill most people.
- Getting your cholesterol below 150 will almost insure that you will not ever have a heart attack.
- Why would people choose to have radical heart surgery instead of eating a healthy plant based diet?
- The Women’s Health Initiative study showed that low fat diets made no difference in the overall health of women, until you really look closely at the study.
- The study by the NIH claimed the diet they fed these women was low fat, even though it was comprised of 29% fat. Of course it didn’t work.
- The dietary guidelines recommended by the FDA claim that a healthy diet can consist of between 20 to 35% fat. If you consistently eat a diet that is 35% fat, it will kill you.
- Research shows that if you have a lifetime cholesterol below 150, even if you smoke, drink and have high blood pressure, you won’t get heart disease.
- Moderation kills. Even after one high fat meal your blood flow can be seriously impaired.
- Try a new fruit and a new vegetable that you’ve never eaten before and let us know how you like it.
We just ordered a new VitaMix and we are so excited to get it because we’ve been through 3 blenders. You can make everything with a VitaMix. It’s the most heavy duty blender on the market.