The Healthy Diet Podcast for this week covers what you can do to prevent heart disease. Yes, you really have control over this disease.
- We were reminded of how important it is to take care of your health this week when Alan’s mom was taken to the hospital.
- We also share the number one secret for preventing heart disease after reading the book Prevent And Reverse Heart Disease by Dr Caldwell B. Esselstyn, Jr.
- Dr Esselstyn works and the Cleveland Clinic and became disillusioned when he and his colleagues weren’t doing anything to prevent the diseases they were operating on people for.
- Some of his colleagues weren’t interested in prevent heart disease.
- In Dr Esselstyn’s research he found that the United States was actually in the minority when it comes to heart disease. In other words, world wide heart disease is not common.
- People that live in countries that eat a plant based diet don’t have heart disease.
- The evidence for what may be causing most heart attacks has been changing. They are thought to be caused by a clot rather than blockage from cholesterol. However, they ultimately are cause by cholesterol, but in a different way.
- The good news is that you can do something about it by eating a plant based diet and keeping your cholesterol below 150, not 200. We reference the famous Framingham Heart Study.
- Getting your cholesterol below 150 will eliminate heart disease according to Dr Esselstyn’s research.
- We are going to give 5 of our listener’s the chance to win Prevent And Reverse Heart Disease by Dr Esselstyn.
- Visit his web site at www.heartattackproof.com
Listen Now:The Secret To Heart Health [13:50m]: Play Now | Play in Popup | Download (4274)