This week’s Healthy Diet Podcast is all about drinking water, filtered water and even water intoxication. With all the bottled water on the market today, what should we be drinking?
- Less than 1 percent of the water available on Earth is drinkable. We now have all kinds of processed water available on the market today.
- Water is the elixir of life. Sixty to seventy percent of the body is made up of water.
- How much waster should we drink? Our body contains some 45 quarts of water and we can lose around 2 quarts per day. A good guide is to drink half of your body weight in ounces of water each day.
- You can actually drink too much water. Water intoxication killed a girl recently in California in a radio station contest.
- Tap water has many impurities and the EPA allows certain levels of contaminants. Some water filters remove too many minerals in water making it acidic.
- Distilled water, because it is free of minerals, isn’t the best to drink because it creates acidity in the body.
- Some claim that mineralized water creates deposits in the body. I don’t think mineral water creates as many deposits as all the sodas and junk people drink.
- There are over 700 brands of bottled water. It is now being processed just as are food has been. We no longer eat real food, soon we won’t be drinking real water.
- Some waters contain fructose, caffeine, guarana, vitamins, whey protein isolate, citric acid, phosphoric acid, natural flavor (contains soy), calcium lactate, calcium gluconate, sucralose, acesulfame potassium, yellow dye #5. Yuck!
- You don’t need Kellogg’s Special K 2O water. You’ve heard of junk food, it’s junk water.
Next week: TBA
Listen Now:Drinking Water, Water Filters, Water Intoxication [14:18m]: Play Now | Play in Popup | Download (4423)