On today’s Healthy Diet Podcast we talk about prescription drugs being the cure for all ailments, we call it Medication Madness!
- The message from pharmaceutical companies is that no matter how healthy you eat, you need our drugs.
- TV commercials encourage you to go to your doctor and ask them for a specific prescription drug.
- More than 40% of the population is on some form of prescription medication yet, 1.5 million people are sickened, injured or killed by medication every year. More than 100,000 people die from adverse reactions to prescription medications every year.
- Kids are told not to take drugs, but then they turn on the TV and see commercials for Viagra, cholesterol lowering medicines and others telling you to take drugs for everything that ails you.
- Medication errors are very common. Even a common pain reliever, acetaminophen (Tylenol) is the leading cause of liver failure.
- Our health care system is the third leading cause of death in the United States. How many people die every year from eating too much broccoli salad?
- Drugs treat the symptoms of disease, not the disease itself. Ask your health care practitioner the right questions.
- Many diseases can be treated through nutrition. Dr Joel Fuhrman shows incredible results for eating a whole food, plant based diet and what it can do for your diabetes.
- Don’t get caught up in medication madness, get caught up in raw food diet.
Visit our Healthy Diet web site.
Next week: The systematic corruption of our food supply
Listen Now:Medication Madness & Your Health [14.01m]: Play Now | Play in Popup | Download (3619)