The food industry, government and fast food restaurants are engaged in propaganda to make money, not to provide nutritious food. We expose the agenda on this week’s Healthy Diet Podcast.
- Clever slogans abound in the fast food industry, an example from Wendy’s – “Do What Tastes Right”, or Pizza Hut – “Gather Round The Good Stuff”, Yea, right!
- A new slogan for Burger King, how about – “Burger King, Pass By or Bypass, Have It Your Way!”
- There’s a McDonald’s on the first floor of Children’s Hospital in Chicago. Isn’t this a bit of a conflict of interest?
- Government propaganda with the food pyramid. The guidelines are highly suspect and must have been influenced by food industry lobbyists. They state 10 to 35% of our calories should come from protein. Even bodybuilders don’t have near 35% protein in their diets.
- The Food And Nutrition Board (FNB) even suggests 25% of our energy should come from added sugar. Does this mean it’s okay to eat candy, cakes and pastries. Our tax dollars pay for irresponsible counsel from the government.
- The China Study author Dr T. Colin Campbell suggests 20 to 22% protein increases the risk of serious disease. Read A Health Disaster In The Making on our web site.
- A member of the panel that put together these guidelines left for an executive position at the world’s largest food company. Can you say, conflict of interest.
- Look for our Mostly Vegan 2 Week Meal Planner coming soon.
Next week: To be announced.
Listen Now:Fast Food & Government Nutrition Propaganda [14:18m]: Play Now | Play in Popup | Download (9819)