Don’t over do it this Christmas season. We offer some healthy diet alternatives to the fattening fare usually served up during the holidays. Listen in.
- Traditions are difficult to break, especially when it comes to food like Grandmas apple pie or cookies or special cakes.
- You can start some new healthy traditions with different foods. Let’s also remember what the Christmas season is about. It’s not food, it’s the birth of Jesus Christ.
- January is the highest month for gall bladder surgery. After the holidays your body revolts!
- Here are some healthy holiday alternatives. Veggies with spinach pesto dip. Salads with nearly anything you can think of – strawberries, fresh pears, cranberries, raisins, nuts, orange zest, etc.
- Jicama mashed potatoes from www.serenityspaces.org on a video from The Garden Diet.
- Butternut squash soup – make sure you peel all the rind off. It tastes very bitter if you don’t.
- Desserts – Date nut balls, raw apple pie, roasted nuts. Eggnog made with almond milk is delicious.
- Start planning your new healthy holiday traditions now.
Next week: More food propaganda and a McDonald’s at a children’s hospital. It never ends.