This week on the Healthy Diet Podcast we shed some light on the truth about cow’s milk and how it is linked to many diseases.
- Doctors are still telling parents to give their newborn babies lots of milk even though there’s ample evidence milk is linked to serious health problems.
- We used to drink milk and thought we were being healthy when we started drinking skim or 1% milk.
- Big controversy between medical community and alternative health community on cow’s milk.
- Milk is rich in calcium, but it is also rich in phosphorus which prevents the absorption of calcium.
- How much calcium do we need? The National Academy of Science says 800 mg per day, the UK says 500 mg and the World Health Organization or WHO says 400-500 mg per day. So which is it?
- Milk is linked to many common diseases. Dr Frank Oski wrote Don’t Drink Your Milk. We explain how milk may cause disease.
- How do we get our calcium? Broccoli, leafy green vegetables, kale and legumes are rich in calcium.
- Higher protein diets are linked to calcium loss.
- Marinated Kale from The Health Station Jungle restaurant in Indialantic Beach Florida.
Next week: We will be off next week. Have a happy Thanksgiving!
Listen Now:The Truth About Milk And Your Health [13:10m]: Play Now | Play in Popup | Download (3891)