We are inundated with foods containing various sugar substitutes and that’s what we talk about on this week’s Healthy Diet Podcast.
- Obesity is on the rise, so the food industry concentrates on sugar substitutes instead of good nutrition.
- A former President of the FDA was charged with a conflict of interest for owning stocks in the food industry.
- Why is there such a focus on sweeteners to promote weight loss and better health instead of focusing on good nutrition? The American Diabetic Association promotes NutraSweet as a safe alternative to sugars…is that a little fishy?
- The problems with artificial sweeteners – The main problem is that they just give people an excuse to eat poorly.
- Remember aerosol cheese? That certainly wasn’t real food!
- Aspartate the main ingredient in NutraSweet has been shown to kill brain cells.
- Dr Janet Hull’s web site and the story of her life threatening hyperthyroidism
- Healthy recipes to satisfy your sweet tooth in a healthy way.
- You can use dates and raisins as a sweetener in many different recipes.
Next week: To be announced.
Listen Now:Sugar Substitutes And Your Healthy Diet [14:40m]: Play Now | Play in Popup | Download (3308)