On this week’s show we talk about the documentary Super Size Me, the state of the fast food industry and what it’s doing to our health in this nation.
- What is Super Size? – Morgan Spurlock ate only McDonald’s food for 30 days 3 meals a day to show what this kind of diet will do to you.
- Spurlock set strict guidelines to emulate the typical lifestyle of Americans. Also, was under the care of 3 physicians.
- The diet made drastic changes in his health in just a short time. He was becoming addicted to fast food.
- His Doctors were shocked at the changes in his health. Spurlock gained 25 lbs, 65 point increase in cholesterol, elevated uric acid levels.
- Took 8 months to get back to his former weight and health.
- The increased food portion sizes at fast food restaurants.
- The changes in the fast food industry to accommodate $11 billion worth of sales.
- Possible decrease in life expectancy.
Next week: Changing a lunch program does wonders in Appleton Wisconson.
Listen Now:Healthy Diets, Fast Food And Super Size Me [13:50m]: Play Now | Play in Popup | Download (3433)